For building a custom mobile app, you'll first need to create and maintain your own Apple Developer Account.
Jump to a specific article section:
In order for our team to submit your standalone app to the App Store, you'll need to acquire and maintain your own Apple Developer Account. This guide will walk you through the process, step-by-step.
Note: An Apple Developer Account does require a $99/year membership fee paid to Apple.
Creating An Apple ID
Your Apple Developer account must be linked to an Apple ID. If you already have one, you may proceed to the next section. If you don't have an Apple ID, you may create one by clicking here. It is recommended to use an Apple ID that is NOT associated with your personal iCloud account.
Note: Apple now requires ALL accounts to have Two-Factor Authentication enabled. Click this link to learn more about Apple's Two-Factor Authentication for Apple IDs.
If you do not own an Apple Device, you may need to contact Apple Support in order to get their help in setting up Two-Factor Authentication. You may also elect to receive the verification codes via SMS text message (even if it's a non-Apple device).
Enrolling in the Developer Program
- You may begin the enrollment process by following this link: https://developer.apple.com/enroll/
- Select whether you would like to join as an Individual or an Organization.
Note: It is highly recommended to join the developer program as an Organization. If you decide to enroll as an Individual, be aware that your full legal name will be displayed in the App Store alongside your app. An Organization account will display the name of your company or station. An Organization account will also allow you to invite our developers to access your account rather than having to share your personal username and password with us.
- Continue to fill in the required personal information.
- If you're registering as an Organization, you'll be required to obtain a D-U-N-S number. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to businesses and organizations by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). It is a widely used business identifier. You cannot enroll in the Apple Developer Program as an organization without a D-U-N-S Number. Follow this link to learn how to request a D-U-N-S Number.
- Complete and validate your enrollment by paying the $99 annual membership fee to Apple. Following this, it may take up to 48 hours for your membership to be activated.