This article describes how to update Windows Server 2012 R2 and 2019
To maintain optimal system security and performance, it is highly recommended that Windows Updates are installed every 1-2 months. We recommend that customers choose a convenient time to install these updates. If there is a live stream running on the server, then it is best to pick the time of day when your station has the least amount of listeners.
How to update Windows Server 2012 R2
- Press the Start button on the Windows taskbar:
- Click on the Search button:
- Type "windows update" in the box and click on Windows Update in the search results:
- Next, click on the "Check for updates" option on the top left of the Windows Update window. This will initiate the process of searching for any applicable updates which need to be installed.
- Install the updates by clicking on the Install Updates button:
After the updates have been installed, press the Restart Now button to restart the server. Without taking this step, the updates will not orm: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-thickness: initial; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-color: initial;'>
How to update Windows Server 2019
- Press the Search button on the Windows Taskbar
- Type "windows update" in the search box and click on Windows Update settings
- Initiate an update check by clicking on Check for updates:
- Once the system has identified all of the needed updates, click Install now.
After the updates have been installed, press the Restart Now button to restart the server. Without taking this step, the updates will not be fully installed. The server must be restarted in order to complete the update installation. It may take around 5-10 minutes for the server to restart and complete the update installation. After it has completed its restart, you will need to log back in to the server and launch your automation system.