This feature can be set at Show level and allows you to submit a podcast RSS feed to be indexed on different platforms.
In this article, we are going to cover:
How to access Destinations in Podcaster
Click on the Content option in your left-side navigation bar, then select a show and click on Destinations.
How to submit a podcast RSS feed to different platforms
Adding your RSS feed to different platforms is optional. However, adding your podcast to these independent platforms can help you attract more listeners.
NOTE: In order to be able to submit on all platforms, you will need to make sure that all of the episodes have an audio file and that you added an Author and Contact Information in the Show Edit tab.
We will automatically update your follow link, however it may not be active until your podcast is indexed by Spotify. New podcasts may take up to 24 hours to get listed on Spotify.
You must ensure all advertising and/or sponsorships messages contained in your content comply with Spotify's Advertising Editorial Policies and do not include advertising and/or sponsorship messages targeted against Spotify or advertising sold specifically for distribution on Spotify or to specifically target users on Spotify.
Advertising and/or sponsorships containing pornographic content, or for firearms, ammunition, weapons, cigarettes, tobacco or e-cigarettes, or that relates to political or religious organizations or paid advertising for any competitive music or audio streaming services is not permitted.
Once Spotify approves your request, you will be able to access it using the following URL:
NOTE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is your Spotify show ID which will be displayed in the dashboard.
If you already have your podcast submitted to Spotify, you can add the link as Destination URL and press the Save button.
Here are the basic steps you’ll need to follow when you submit to Apple Podcasts:
- Use your Apple ID and password to sign in to Apple Podcasts Connect
- If it's your first time signing in, click Get Started, fill in the fields in the Set Up Account form, and then click Save. The Podcasts page opens.
- Click the + icon to the right of the Podcasts header and then select New Show within the menu.
- Select Add a show with an RSS feed and then click Next.
- Paste your podcast’s RSS feed URL and click Add.
- Review your show's information in the Show Details section of the page and then fill in any required details.
- Click Save at the top of the page, and then Submit for Review.
- Your show is now submitted for review at Apple. Apple Podcasts will contact you directly over e-mail about your show's approval status.
If you already have your podcast submitted to Apple, you can add the link as the Destination URL and press the Save button.
You can manually submit a podcast RSS feed to Google Podcasts to be indexed, however in most cases Google Podcasts will automatically index any public podcast.
New podcasts may take up to 5 days to appear in Google Podcasts.
We will automatically update your Google Podcasts follow link, however it may not be active until your podcast is indexed by Google Podcasts.
Here are the basic steps you’ll need to follow:
- Visit the Google Play Podcast Portal
- Click the Add a Podcast button
- Paste your podcast’s RSS feed URL and click Submit RSS Feed
- Verify Ownership (uses email in RSS feed)
- Review your podcast info
- Click Publish Podcast and wait for approval
If you already have your podcast submitted to Google, you can add the link as the Destination URL and press the Save button.
4) For the rest of the platforms, you can manually use the Submit button associated with each one, which will redirect you to the specific platform where you can add your RSS feed.
Here is the list of other platforms listed in Podcaster. A link to their submission form is included, to which you will be redirected after pressing the Submit button:
|The Podcast Index
NOTE: For the platforms marked with “*” you will need to sign up with them before adding your RSS feed.
In all cases, the platforms will need your RSS feed link, which is found in the Show tab. You can right click on the Show RSS button and press Copy link address.
Adding a Destination URL is also optional and refers to the link given by each of the platforms once you have added your RSS feed.
Once you have added a Destination URL, you can go to the Episode level, access the Share tab, and use the Player URL.
Now the audience will be able to subscribe to these different platforms from the embedded player.
NOTE: For now, only Spotify, Apple, Google, and iHeart can be added to the embedded player. The RSS feed button is added to the player by default and the other platforms will be automatically added by Podcaster once you save the destination URLs for each.
If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Destinations feature, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team by using the ticket submission form or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.